2018 SOUTH DAKOTA EXTENSION MASTER GARDENER UPDATE - Photography Contest Information
Contest rules are as follows:
1. There will be the following four photo categories:
- The Good, the Bad & the Ugly---discovering insects in the garden
- Water Drops---viewing our gardens through the unique lens of water droplets
- Fruit & Seed Pods Through the Year
- Our Garden Roots – New Category – anything goes, use your creativity!
2. Limit one photo for each category. The photos should showcase the category entered.
3. Photos should be 8 X 10 prints mounted on white poster board, card stock paper, or white matte board with a 2-inch border around the print. No colored matting, mounting, or framing should be used. Put your name and the specific category on the back of each mounting. Please follow the directions for the mounting so all pictures can be judged fairly and objectively.
4. If you bring a photo for the contest that does not meet the category criteria, it will be displayed but it will not be judged with the competition entries.
5. Photos may be submitted during Friday afternoon or Saturday morning registration times.
6. Awards will be by popular vote in each category. A “Best of Show” will also be awarded to be judged by a professional photographer and the photo committee members.